Full Day Tour – Including Swanage, Corfe Castle, Lulworth Cove and Durdle Door
Over 60: £35
Under 16: £30
- Catch the early morning ferry across to the Isle of Purbeck.
- View Old Harry Rocks, the starting point of the Jurassic Coast, England’s only natural UNESCO World Heritage Site. Take in breathtaking views across Poole Harbour and towards Brownsea Island.
- By mid morning we arrive at Durlston Country Park. Here we visit the brand new Jurassic Coast visitor centre housed in the recently refurbished Durlston Castle. There’s time for a morning coffee stop overlooking the famous Great Globe and a chance to take the cliff top walk along to Tilly Whim Caves and the Anvil Point Lighthouse.
- For every visitor we bring to Durlston Country Park, we make a contribution towards a bursary that helps to support their volunteer programme.
- Heading west we drive through some of the tiny lanes and villages that give Purbeck its unique character.
- Take lunch in the village of Corfe Castle, dominated by the ruins that give it its name. Entrance to the castle itself not included (Free to NT members).
- After lunch take a gentle drive along the coast taking in more stunning scenery as we head for an afternoon at Lulworth Cove and Durdle Door.
- Walk down to Man o’ War Rocks and view the magnificent rock arch of Durdle Door, hewn from the Portland limestone beds.
- Finally, head down to Lulworth Cove and see the famous Lulworth Crumple rock formation in Stair Hole.
We pick up from many hotels and language schools in the Poole – Bournemouth – Christchurch area as well as from a number of convenient landmarks shown on this map. The following list indicates the approximate time the bus will be picking up in each area. When you book you will be presented with a full range of pick up options and your booking confirmation will indicate where you need to be and when to meet your guide.
08:00am Christchurch / Southbourne
08:15am Charminster / Winton
08:20am Bournemouth Station
08:35am Central Bournemouth
08:45am West Cliff / Westbourne
08:55am Branksome / Parkstone
Itinerary details change from time to time when attractions open or close or when we think of ways to improve the tour so if there is something you particularly want to experience please contact us to make sure it will be part of the tour on the day that you travel.