Full Day Tour – Including Swanage, Corfe Castle, Lulworth Cove and Durdle Door
Over 60: £35
Under 16: £30
Our “Summer Special” tours are slightly different with a smaller number of pick ups and taking the alternate route that does not cross the sandbanks ferry instead going around Poole Harbour and past Wareham. Otherwise it is the same great day out.
- Catch the early morning ferry across to the Isle of Purbeck.*
- View Old Harry Rocks, the starting point of the Jurassic Coast, England’s only natural UNESCO World Heritage Site. Take in breathtaking views across Poole Harbour and towards Brownsea Island.
- By mid morning we arrive at Durlston Country Park. Here we visit the Jurassic Coast visitor centre housed in the recently refurbished Durlston Castle. There’s time for a morning coffee stop overlooking the famous Great Globe and a chance to take the cliff top walk along to Tilly Whim Caves and the Anvil Point Lighthouse.
- For every visitor we bring to Durlston Country Park, we make a contribution towards a bursary that helps to support their volunteer programme.
- Heading west we drive through some of the tiny lanes and villages that give Purbeck its unique character.
- Take lunch in the village of Corfe Castle, dominated by the ruins that give it its name. Entrance to the castle itself not included (Free to NT members).
- After lunch take a gentle drive along the coast taking in more stunning scenery as we head for an afternoon at Lulworth Cove and Durdle Door.
- Walk down to Man o’ War Rocks and view the magnificent rock arch of Durdle Door, hewn from the Portland limestone beds.
- Finally, head down to Lulworth Cove and see the famous Lulworth Crumple rock formation in Stair Hole.
- Lulworth Cove has a number of pubs, cafes and tea rooms where there is plenty of time to relax and refresh.
* On very busy days in the summer the queue for the Sandbanks ferry can be very long, up to an hour and a half, on these days we will take an alternative route to the Isle of Purbeck, driving around Poole Harbour via Wareham. This will ensure there is enough time to see all the sights on the tour.
The pick ups we offer depend on the number of passengers we need to collect, our “Summer Special” tours are on a larger vehicle and pick up from these four locations, while our standard tour picks up from these locations as well as many hotels and language schools in the Poole – Bournemouth – Christchurch area.
When you book you will be presented with a range of pick up options which will vary dependending on the date you have chosen. Your booking confirmation will indicate where you need to be and when to meet your guide.
Itinerary details change from time to time when attractions open or close or when we think of ways to improve the tour so if there is something you particularly want to experience please contact us to make sure it will be part of the tour on the day that you travel.