Day trip including walking tour
Over 60: £33
Under 16: £28
- A day trip to the exciting and vibrant capital city, London, a chance to feast on the amazing history of this world renowned destination.
- This popular Discover Dorset tour starts early to maximise your visit. A short comfort break is included on the journey before taking you into the heart of London.
- You will then be taken on a walking tour that lasts approximately two hours.
- The walk usually takes in:-
- The Houses of Parliament where Big Ben rings out for all to hear.
- Westminster Abbey, where numerous Kings and Queens have been crowned.
- Whitehall, with Downing Street and Horse Guards Parade.
- A walk down the Mall to Buckingham Palace.
- Trafalgar Square where Nelson’s Column can be found in front of the National Gallery.
- Leicester Square where movie stars flock for their film premieres.
- And finally to Covent Garden with its street theatre, fascinating shops and an abundance of places to eat and drink, indoors or alfresco.
- You will then have the rest of the afternoon to explore for yourselves and visit such places as the bustling Oxford Street, bohemian Soho, Chinatown, or the South Banks’ famous “Tate Modern”. Your guide will provide you with a map and will be happy to help if you need any guidance.
We pick up from many hotels and language schools in the Bournemouth – Christchurch area as well as from a number of convenient landmarks shown on this map. The following list indicates the approximate time the bus will be picking up in each area. When you book you will be presented with a full range of pick up options and your booking confirmation will indicate where you need to be and when to meet your guide.
07:45am Westbourne / West Cliff
07:50am Central Bournemouth
08:00am Bournemouth Station
08:05am Winton / Charminster
08:15am Southbourne / Christchurch
Itinerary details change from time to time when attractions open or close or when we think of ways to improve the tour so if there is something you particularly want to experience please contact us to make sure it will be part of the tour on the day that you travel.