Day trip including walking tour
Over 60: £35
Under 16: £30
Pick Up Map Tour Photos
- Direct service to Oxford stopping briefly for a comfort stop en route before heading straight into the heart of this famous seat of learning.
- Join your guide on a walking tour around all the main sights of Oxford, taking you until lunchtime, leaving the afternoon free to explore at your leisure.
- See the “dreaming spires” of the poets, the car-free city centre, and its gardens, parks and quadrangles.
- Discover the showcase of education, and who founded and studied at the colleges.
- View thirteenth century Balliol College, beside its traditional “enemy” Trinity College.
- Browse in Blackwell’s, one of the world’s largest and most famous bookshops.
- Pass Sir Christopher Wren’s Sheldonian Theatre, where no plays have ever been performed!
- Walk under the Bridge of Sighs as it spans New College Lane.
- Climb the 127 steps to the top of the St Mary’s church tower (optional extra – small fee applies).
- See the Radcliffe Camera, which takes no pictures! It’s part of the Bodleian Library, where you can’t read a book without promising not to burn the library down.
- Visit Christ Church College which inspired Lewis Carroll to write “Alice in Wonderland” and served as Hogwarts in the Harry Potter films.
- Departing at 5pm, we return to the Bournemouth area for approximately 7pm.
This tour picks up from these locations as well as many hotels and language schools in the Poole – Bournemouth – Christchurch area.
When you book you will be presented with a range of pick up options which will vary dependending on the date you have chosen. Your booking confirmation will indicate where you need to be and when to meet your guide.
Itinerary details change from time to time when attractions open or close or when we think of ways to improve the tour so if there is something you particularly want to experience please contact us to make sure it will be part of the tour on the day that you travel.