Full Day Tour
Over 60: £49
Under 16: £34
Priority entrance to Stonehenge included with your ticket plus free multilingual audio guide (subject to availabity).
- The Morining is spent driving through the ancient wilderness of the New Forest National Park.
- Learn about the people and practices that have shaped the forest over the last 1000 years.
- You will have a chance to stop and walk out in the forest to view some of the 4500 famous New Forest Ponies. With no fences they are free to roam, but generally stay local to their ‘haunts’.
- We ask all our passengers to be respectful to all the wildlife, and in particular the ponies that should be viewed at a safe distance. It is also really important never to feed or pet the ponies, as this can cause them great harm through altering their natural diet and behaviour.
- Perhaps enjoy a cream tea in one of Burley’s tea rooms.
- Arriving in Salilsbury around Lunchtime, we stop right outside the cathedral walls. Your guide will take you through to the green and after giving an overview of the Cathedral’s 800 years of history, you will be given a map and time to explore the Cathedral or City at your leisure.
- There are many volunteer guides within the Cathedral, when you enter simply join the next tour and be sure to see one of the best remaining copies of the Magna Carta. There is no entrance fee for the Cathedral but a donation of £2.50 per person is suggested to assist with the upkeep of the building.
- With a couple of hours in Salisbury there is time to have some lunch and explore the city centre. Market day on Tuesdays and Saturdays fills the Guildhall Square with a buzz from local sellers and producers.
- Around 2pm we depart Salisbury, heading north past Old Sarum for the short drive to Stonehenge.
- We arrive at the award winning new visitors’ centre early to avoid the crowds and to be issued with your audio guide (available in 12 languages). You will be allocated a space on the shuttle bus to take you down to the site itself and there will be plenty of time to visit the various exhibits and have refreshments in the café.
- Learn about the millennia of use that created Stonehenge as we see it today. Fortress, calendar, temple or hospital? The new visitor centre has an amazing array of exhibits found through archaeological research conducted at the site.
- Your full price ticket for this tour includes entrance, though you can buy a discounted ticket if you have English Heritage or National Trust membership, which gives free entry to Stonehenge.
- After approximately two hours at Stonehenge we head south, thorough the picturesque Villages of Downton and Fordingbridge, on our way back to Bournemouth.
We pick up from many hotels and language schools in the Poole – Bournemouth – Christchurch area as well as from a number of convenient landmarks shown on this map. The following list indicates the approximate time the bus will be picking up in each area. When you book you will be presented with a full range of pick up options and your booking confirmation will indicate where you need to be and when to meet your guide.
08:45am Westbourne / West Cliff
08:50am Central Bournemouth
09:00am Bournemouth Station
09:05am Winton / Charminster
09:15am Southbourne / Christchurch
Itinerary details change from time to time when attractions open or close or when we think of ways to improve the tour so if there is something you particularly want to experience please contact us to make sure it will be part of the tour on the day that you travel.